Most children are visual learners and this kit supports their understanding through the use of Widget symbols. The kit is also excellent for working with children who have English as a second language.
The ‘I have autism‘ Communication Passport allows you to record essential information about the child to ensure they are included at all stages of their school life.
The foam board tiles can be displayed on the pyramid board contained in the kit. This can also be used with any of your own current visual symbols (up to 45mm sq).
Information recorded includes:
- Things I like
- Things I don’t like
- I calm down when
- Special ways I communicate amongst others.
There are spare petals to add extra information.
The set is provided in a drawstring bag and contains:
- 40 Symbols on fabric safety lanyards
- 10 Symbols on communication fan with safety fixer
- 24 Symbols on robust 45mm sq foam board tiles
- 1 Desk Pyramid Display Stand for tiles
- 4 Word tiles ‘now, then, or, and’
- 4 Mini dry wipe tiles to make your own symbols or words
- 1 Write on wipe off fine line marker pen
- 1 x Personalised Communication Passport with pen
- 1x Hey Children on the spectrum play tool
1.1% of the British Population are thought to be on the autism spectrum; that’s over 700,000 children. The majority of these children are in mainstream education and many struggle in the simple daily activities such as understanding the timetable, knowing what will happen next, making and sustaining friendships, or taking and retaining instructions.